Privacy and cookies policy
We collect info in three main ways:
- You provide some of it directly (such as by registering for an account).
- We record some of it automatically (including with technologies like cookies). By talking to you in person.
- The particular kinds of info we gather usually depend on how you interact with us.
We collect info you choose to provide or give to us in any manner. You don’t have to share info when we ask you for it, but if you decline, you will not be able to use Heijar as the person who uses data regarding the software, or alters it, has to be documented and we need an email address to send you the latest news, updates, instructions and similar info.
We collect info you enter or otherwise provide, including:
- Your email address, name, phone number, and similar contact info (like when you register for an account or a webinar;
- Your name, password, and other details that help us secure and provide access to Heijar;
- Your name, billing address, telephone number, payment method, and other details we collect to help process purchases you make (like when you buy a subscription for Heijar);
- Your support-related info, including the nature of your concern and your account or order details (like when you request help from us via the life chat or through a ticket);
- Your preferences, such as the language you choose;
- Info you share with us in connection with contests or promotions (like to submit an entry, prove your eligibility, or claim a prize if you win);
- We also offer social features like commenting on our news or blog. When you use these features, the info you share is public info, and in some cases it may also be collected or used by others without your knowledge (for example, if someone uses what you wrote in a comment).
We automatically collect some info about how you interact with and navigate the Heijar homepage and Heijar.
Common examples include info regarding:
- You use of the Heijar services (such as timestamps, clicks, scrolling, browsing times, searches, referral/exit pages, activity and interactions);
- Your computer or device (such as IP addresses, unique device IDs, processing capabilities, manufacturer and model, language and other regional settings, geographic location, and screen resolution and similar settings);
- Your connection to the Heijar services, including details about the network and software you’re using (such as browser type and version, operating system name and version, ISP, and your preference settings); and
- How the Heijar services perform, including problems you may encounter (such as loading errors and response times).
- We may use technologies like cookies and our own servers to help us collect and store this info, including in log files (see How We Collect Info).
Sometimes we obtain info while talking to you, for example, that you are interested in a certain product. We store this information if you ask us to call or mail you with an other concerning said product.
In addition to info you provide, we automatically record some info about how you use and navigate the Heijar homepage. We may combine this info with other info we gather from or about you as described in this policy for analytics and advertising purposes if we have your consent.
We use our own servers and technologies like cookies to automatically collect info about how you interact with the Heijar Homepage and Heijar.
“Cookies” are small pieces of data that online services you use place on your device for record-keeping and identification purposes.
You can learn more about cookies and similar technologies, including details of how to manage or disable them by visiting http://aboutcookies.org/ or consulting your browser’s privacy features. Some ways of managing traditional cookies may not impact the use of other technologies, but certain browsers may offer their own tools for removing HTML5. Please note that disabling technologies like cookies may prevent you from using the full functionality of the Heijar homepage and Heijar and Heijar as well as services like the life-chat may not work as we intended.
We partner with third parties (like analytics companies) to help us improve the Heijar homepage and offer you better service and more relevant content, as well as to support our marketing initiatives. These companies may collect anonym info from you automatically in connection with your visit.
In addition to the technologies we place, other companies may set their own cookies or similar tools when you visit the Heijar homepage. This includes vendors we’ve engaged to provide services on our behalf (like website analytics), as well as third parties that deliver content (like our videos from YouTube).
For example, we use third-party analytics providers (like Google Analytics) to help evaluate and report on use of the Heijar homepage. These companies may set and read their own cookies and similar technologies to gather info about your online activities across websites and services.
Some analytics providers and ad companies offer you choices about how they collect and use info directly on their websites. To learn more about opting out of Google Analytics, click here. For a representative list of third-party marketing and analytics partners that we work with, as well as information about how to opt-out to the extent applicable, please contact us. You may also be able to opt-out in some cases by visitinghttp://www.aboutads.info or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or if you’re located in the EU or Canada,http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ or http://youradchoices.ca/ respectively.
Please note that opting-out of interest-based advertising won’t necessarily entirely prevent info from being collected automatically.
We use and share your info in accordance with the legal bases set out below to help us provide, operate, improve, understand, customize, support and market Heijar and the Heijar homepage.
We use and share your info (i) to provide the services under the Terms, (ii) with your consent, (iii) in your and our legitimate interests (such as safety and security, and providing a tailored service), and (iv) for other legal reasons.
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, share, and otherwise process the info we have about you for the purposes described in this Policy. These legal bases include:
as is necessary to perform the Terms and Conditions and to provide Heijar; where you have consented to the processing, which you may revoke at any time; for Heijar Software to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise and defend legal claims; and where necessary for the purposes of Heijar Software’s or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as those of visitors, users or partners.
We use the info we collect (both individually and in combination with other info collected under this policy) to help us operate our business, provide and improve our products and services, communicate with you, and advertise effectively. The particular ways we use your info often depend on how you use Heijar.
Some of the most common examples of how we use info include:
- To respond to your inquiries, fulfill requests, and process transactions (like helping you create an account, or to resolve Support issues)
- To deliver and tailor our communications with you, like by sending you important account-related announcements or promotional communications that we believe may interest you (for details about managing your communication options, check out Your Choices and Controls below);
- To administer surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and similar offerings (such as confirming your eligibility or sending you a prize if you win);
- To monitor, analyze, protect, test, and improve our services and operations (like measuring how Heijar performs, tracking usage patterns, and fixing bugs or errors);
- To research and better understand how Heijar is used (including by collaborating with third parties like universities);
- To promote products and services and measure the effectiveness of those campaigns;
- To personalize the information we send you, including by presenting content or features better tailored to your interests (see Analytics & Interest-Based Ads );
- To improve and provide updates for Heijar (like fixing bugs or releasing new features);
- To operate and expand our business; and
- To facilitate use of or integration with the Heijar services, social sharing, and related functionality (such as supporting life-chat).
We may also use, disclose, and preserve info to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to legal process (like requests from law enforcement or other public or government authorities);
- Securely operate Heijar and Heijar homepage (like stopping attacks on our systems);
- Protect users and third parties (such as to help prevent serious injury or crime); and Protect our own rights, property, and operations (like enforcing our contracts and terms — including the Terms and conditions — and pursuing available remedies or limiting the damages we may sustain).
We don’t share info that directly identifies you (such as your email or home address) with independent third parties without your knowledge except as described in this policy (like if we’re required to do so by law).
If we ever stop providing the Heijar SaaS (like if we’re bought out), we may share your info with the buyer. Lastly, remember the stuff you share in social features (like comments) is public — please be careful about how you use them!
We also share info with service providers that operate on our behalf for the purposes discussed in this policy. For example, when you buy a subscription for Heijar, we’ll share your payment-related info with entities we’ve engaged to process payments and provide similar financial services (like fraud prevention). Other common examples include partners that help us store data and provide Support services.
If you share info publicly through interactive features we control, such as comments on our blog, you should understand that this info is public not private. We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to monitor your use of them. To request removal of your info from comments or similar features controlled by Heijar Software, contact us at [email protected]
We may disclose player info in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). This means your info may be one of the assets transferred to the acquiring entity in such situations so that you can continue to use Heijar.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
We work with third parties to make your experience better, but our policy doesn’t and can’t apply to entities we don’t own, control, or instruct. We’re unable to guarantee that independent third parties adhere to the same practices as us, so please be sure to read their policies and terms before sharing info with them.
There are several ways you might share info with third-party websites or services in connection with your visit, including:
External Links. If you click on links to external websites or services that are operated by third parties, they may collect, use, and share your info pursuant to their own policies (not ours). Including a link to or from third-party services doesn’t mean we’ve endorsed their practices.
Account Integrations. The Heijar homepage uses interfaces that allow you to interact with third-party websites, applications, or similar services during your visit, including on an account you’ve created with such third parties. For example, we partner with social media companies to provide features that facilitate social sharing and connections (such as the Facebook “Like” button and other widgets). These features may collect info about your interactions with them and the Heijar homepage, and may use technologies like cookies to function properly. How third-party companies like Facebook process your info is controlled by their own privacy policies.
Cookies & Related Technologies. The Heijar homepage contains cookies, that help us collect and analyze info in connection with your visit (see Info We Collect Automatically). Third parties (like analytics providers) may set and read their own tracking technologies on the Heijar homepage. If they do, they’re responsible for using these tools as described in their respective privacy policies. For a representative list of third-party advertising and analytics partners that operate on the Heijar homepage, as well as information about how to opt-out to the extent applicable, please contact us at [email protected].
Please remember to contact third parties directly (and not Heijar Software) if you have any questions or concerns about their practices.
INTERNATIONAL DATA PROCESSING
We’re a global company with operations around the world. When you use the Heijar SAAS, your info may be processed anywhere we or our partners do business, including the United States. Data stored in the United States is protected by the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield agreement. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/ .
Data entered into Heijar is stored in the EU.
The data stored in Heijar is stored on servers hosted by Hetzner ( https://www.hetzner.com/ ) in several towns in Germany.
For important details regarding which laws apply to your use of Heijar and any disputes with Heijar Software, be sure to check out the Terms and Conditions.
CROSS-BORDER TRANSFERS AND STORAGE.
We may process and store info we collect anywhere that we or our partners operate, including the S. These countries may not have the same level of data protection as where you live. We’ve implemented and maintain a framework consistent with applicable law and this policy for transfers of info outside the country of collection, including, for example, through the use of legal transfer mechanisms such as Standard Contractual Clauses when we transfer info outside of the European Economic Area (to learn more about EU Standard Contractual Clauses, click here). By using Heijar and Heijar homepage, you acknowledge that we may transfer your info to (and process it in) countries outside of your country of residence, each of which may have different privacy rules than your country.
YOUR CHOICES AND CONTROLS
You have choices regarding your use of Heijar, Heijar homepage and the ways we process info. Since you can interact with us in many different ways, the particular controls available to you often depend on the nature of our relationship.
You can visit the Heijar homepage without ever creating an account, purchasing our services, or otherwise submitting info like your name or email address to us. If you do choose to share this info with us, we generally retain it as long as your account is active or as is otherwise necessary to provide the Heijar services and operate our business (including for purposes like complying with our legal obligations, managing internal books and records, preventing fraud, resolving disputes, and enforcing our contracts and terms, such as this policy and the Terms and Conditions), unless a longer retention period is permitted or required by law. You can also limit the info you share with third parties, such as by choosing not to comment on our Youtube videos (see Third-Party Websites and Services).
We offer users and companies choices about the types of communications they receive from Heijar Software. If you choose to receive marketing and promotional emails from us but later change your mind, simply “unsubscribe” by following the instructions in the relevant email. These choices don’t apply to mandatory communications that are part of Heijar, like important account-related notices.
Many Internet browsers allow you to reject, manage, and delete cookies. You may also be able to manage other similar technologies, like HTML5, by changing your browser settings (see Info We Collect Automatically).
If you don’t want to take advantage of the services that third-party analytics provide on the Heijar homepage, you may be able to opt-out of some of them by
visitin http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ . For a representative list of third-party partners that operate on the Heijar homepage, as well as details about how to opt-out to the extent applicable, contact us at [email protected].
If you’re concerned with the way we’re handling your info, or would like to update or delete the personal info associated with your account, please contact our Data Manager [email protected] Note that asking us to remove personal info or refrain from processing it may also result in account suspension or termination, in which case you’ll no longer be able to access the Heijar AIS or receive support. We may also retain certain info associated with your account for purposes like complying with our legal obligations, managing internal books and records, preventing fraud, resolving disputes, and enforcing our contracts and terms, such as this policy and the Terms and Conditions.
If we process your info based on our legitimate interests explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will stop processing your info unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons. Where we use your info for direct marketing purposes, you can always object using the unsubscribe link in such communications or by changing your account settings.
You can request access to the personal info we hold about you by contacting [email protected] You can also submit any account-related questions or concerns you may have (including access requests) directly to our Support team through the life-chat.
If you are based in the EU, without affecting any other rights you may have, you also have the right to file a complaint with a Data Protection Commission.
Before we process requests to access, update, delete, or otherwise process personal info in different ways, we may ask you to verify your identity (like by logging-in to your account or providing us with certain info to help us confirm ownership).
We’re committed to securing user info, but can’t guarantee the security of any data we collect from you. By choosing to share info with us (or anybody else online these days), you’re acknowledging this risk.
We use appropriate physical, technical, and organizational security safeguards to help protect your info from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure both during transmission and in storage. For example, we use computer systems with limited access in controlled facilities to store info. We also use technologies like encryption and hashing to protect some of the info we collect.
However, please note that no server, communications network, or data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. The Heijar AIS and Heijar homepage are no exception. We can’t guarantee the security of any info transmitted through the Heijar services and make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss or misuse.
It’s up to you whether you’d like to share info with us; if you do, you’re acknowledging that you’re doing so with this risk.
UPDATES AND REVISIONS
We’ll make changes to this policy over time to keep you better informed about how we handle user info.
We encourage you to check back periodically to review this policy for any changes since your last visit. This will help ensure you better understand your relationship with Heijar Software, including the ways we process your info.
You can contact us at:
Alberstraße 7 / Top 12, 8010 Graz, Austria
- +43-664-4724491 (also on Whatsapp)
- +43-664-390-0015 (also on Whatsapp)
- [email protected]
- [email protected]